This simple, quick recipe is a sure way to treat those tastebuds! Surprise yourself with this cheese-free cheesy pasta recipe.
Spaghetti or your choice of pasta
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2 tbsp. soy milk
Pinch of iodised salt.
1-2 tsp. olive oil (optional)
Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pasta.
2. While the pasta is cooking, whip out a fry pan, throw the chopped mushrooms in there to sauté.
3. Once mushrooms have browned, the add nutritional yeast (I didn’t quantify I just kept adding but let’s go with roughly 1/2 cup) and a few tablespoons of soy milk.
4. Stir the sauce and then let it simmer for a few minutes (maybe 5 or so) until it becomes your desired consistency and taste.
5. That’s literally all it is! Add a crack of salt (preferably iodised) to the sauce and chilli flakes.
6. Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl, mix through the sauce with 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
N U T R I T I O N A L Y E A S T.
Nutritional yeast is your answer to getting that rich cheesy flavour without the excess sodium and saturated fat.
Instead you’ll get B vitamins and protein, sounds good to me.