An easy, rich, creamy, delicious vegan ramen recipe perfect for these cold winter nights.
Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms:
2 cups shiitake mushrooms
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
Balsamic Mushroom Steps:
1. Place pan on medium heat, add olive oil and mushrooms to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add balsamic vinegar to pan and let simmer for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms have absorbed balsamic flavour to your desired taste (can add more balsamic if desired).
3. When mushrooms are done, remove from heat and set aside.
1-2 tbsp garlic & ginger
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
400-500grams tofu, sliced into thin strips.
1. Place tofu in pan over medium heat and add garlic, ginger & soy sauce.
2. Ensure evenly coated and cook until golden brown.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Broth:
2 tbsp miso paste
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp grated ginger
2 gloves crushed garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp hot water
3 cups vegetable stock
4 cups soy milk (I used bonsoy here)
2 chillies sliced
1-2 bunches of bok choy
Handful of coriander (optional) to sprinkle on top
Handful of cashews top sprinkle on top
Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
1. Mix the miso paste, ginger, tahini, garlic, soy sauce, and hot water together in a bowl then add to heated pot or wok, let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
2. Slowly start to add the vegetable stock and soy milk in parts, let simmer for another 5 - 10 minutes.
3. Add the rest of the soy milk & vegetable stock if you haven't already, along with the chilli.
Turn heat to low and let simmer for another 10-20 mins.
4. Add bok choy (or your choice of veggies) cook only for a few minutes (until slightly crunchy), add mushrooms, and tofu, remove from heat when veggies have slightly cooked.
Your choice of ramen or soba noodles - simply add noodles to a pot of boiling water and cook as per packet instructions.
Putting it all together:
Place noodles in a bowl, add broth on top of noodles and finish it all off with a bunch of coriander, cashews and sesame seeds! Enjoy :)