-Soba noodles -100g tempeh -1/2 cup snow peas (raw) -Mushrooms -Pickled ginger -1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil -2 tbsp. white wine vinegar -1 glove of garlic crushed -1 tbsp. Lemon juice
1. Bring a medium pot of water to boil
2. Chop up snow peas, mushrooms & tempeh.
3. Place a fry pan on medium heat, and add chopped tempeh to pan with a dash of soy sauce
4. In a small bowl, add remainder of soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar. garlic and lemon juice. Briskly stir together with a fork.
5. Stir tempeh to make sure it is heated through evenly, remove from heat when all pieces are browned and hot.
6. Once water has begun to boil, add soba noodles to pot.
7. Cook soba noodles for time instructed on packet (usually about 3-4 minutes) stirring occasionally.
8. Once soba noodles are cooked, remove from heat and drain water. Rinse with cold water for a few seconds.
9. Place all ingredients in bowl and add dressing & enjoy.
-A great source of protein! -Half a cup of tempeh provides about 15 grams of protein.
-Like tofu, it is made of soybeans, however it is made from fermenting whole soy beans and is therefore much less processed in comparison to tofu.
-It also provides a great source of calcium, iron, and magnesium.