- 2 generous handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato
- 1/2 cup baby beets
- 1/2 cup or raw green beans
- 2-3 brazil nuts chopped
- 3-4 walnuts
- 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Heat oven to 180 deg celcius.
2. Chop up sweet potato into small wedges and place in oven for about 45 minutes (cooking times vary) or until cooked all the way through.
3. Wash and chop green beans.
4. Place baby spinach leaves, green beans, chopped brazil nuts, walnuts & sunflower seeds in bowl.
5. Once sweet potato is cooked, remove from oven and add to bowl along wth the baby beets.
6. Drizzle with oil and vinegar, top it off with some fresh basil if desired.
Did you know that.. Just two brazil nuts provide you with your daily requirement of selenium.
Selenium acts as an antioxidant in your body, working to fight off nasty free radicals which can cause damage to your cells.